Popular Posts

Saturday, September 19, 2009

master ace - take a look around


WARNING!!!
this next story is going to sound weird but it must be told.....every friday after work I would stop at the record shop that was owned by a real cool dude who would put me up on all the new releases (it was next to a place called bill's chicken who at the time had the best ghetto fried chicken in pasadena) and I recall a particular day when he showed me a advance tape with a blue cover and blue and yellow letters by a m.c who I had only heard on marley marl's in control vol. 1 album by the name of master ace when I offered to buy the album he told me he couldn't because the album was not supposed to be released 'til next week so I read the tracklisting and gave it back to him made my purchase and went home later that night went to bed and had a dream about the tape I had seen but couldn't purchase, I recall that I heard all the songs (really)so the following week I went back to the record shop and bought the album and when I got home I played it and wouldn't you believe it.... I really already had heard the tape...because it was the very same tracks I had heard on my dream (I warned you that it would be a weird story), so to this day I regard this album as one of my favorite cold chillin' releases (and one of my personal favorites due in part to that darn dream), master ace is said to have won a talent show and the prize was a recording deal with cold chillin' records owned by marley marl & tyrone "fly ty"williams (brother of legendary dj mr. magic), this is master ace's debut album which received luke warm response although it had a bunch of dope tracks like "music man", " me and the biz" (which by the way does not feature a cameo by biz markie due to the fact that he was a no show at the recording studio that day and master ace was left to do the best biz markie impersonation that he could) "four minus three", "postin' high", "brooklyn battles" and " the other side of town", with production from the man responsable for that famous "new york sound" (and for jackin' every james brown record that he could find) non other than one of raps greatest producers of all time (I personally think he is above dr. dre as far as legendary producer status) mr. marlon williams aka. marley marl.

1 music man
2 I got ta
3 letter to the better (remix)
4 me and the biz
5 the other side of town
6 ace iz wild
7 four minus three
8 can't stop the bumrush
9 movin' on
10 brooklyn battles
11 maybe next time
12 postin' high
13 take a look around
14 together

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ER3RWBN0



No comments:

Post a Comment