Popular Posts

Saturday, September 19, 2009

sound control mob - under investigation (compton compilation)


what can I say about this album?.....I love it!!!, this is one of those famous compilation albums from the late 80's (o.k not so famous) but a true west coast underground compilation classic ( just like n.w.a's the posse which is a comp. album just like this) I remember when this dropped no one knew what the hell I was playin' and that was the reason why I loved this album(even to this day I can play a track off this album and my partners don't know who I'am playin') o.k let's get to the music: on a earlier post I posted a record by a fella called "master rhyme" where he I discussed that he dissed n.w.a.....on this record there is a song by a rapper called "the real m.c master rhyme" who claims he is the real and the other guy on delicious vinyl (record label) is perpretrating and bitting the name (I kind of like the flow from the guy on delicious vinyl a little bit better) also there is a track called "u got nothin' comin'"which is a response to "comin' up short" ( by master rhyme) by a rapper by the name of chuck small (who happens to be "the real m.c master rhyme's brother), the invincible jolly joe & masta rick rok drop "jamaica funk groove" which at the begining samples the gap band's "outstanding" track and a baseline very reminiscint of public enemy's "fight the the power", another stand out track is "quicksand" by a rapper by the same name as the track and also on this album is compton's most wanted (c.m.w - m.c eiht) first record (which also appears on their first album it's a compton thing) "rhyme's too funky", this truly is a collector's item (I have it on cassette but I think it may also have dropped on c.d and vinyl and is on kru-cut records I believe) out of the 10 songs on this album I like tracks # 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 & 10.

1 off the top of my brain
2 rhymes too funky
3 vanilla don't play
4 u got nothin' comin'
5 lyrical assasin
6 jamaica funk groove
7 get busy
8 quicksand
9 what's your name
10 the mob is here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TU6HOPB

1 comment: